Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday: August Edition


I'm participating in another show-and-tell with forever in fifth grade. This month I want to show off some summer fun. When you're finished reading, click on the picture above to go back to the original post.
In June my entire family came to Nevada to celebrate my parents' wedding, my youngest sister's first baby, and 3 birthdays! My favorite part was spending a day at the Lamoille Fair with most of my nieces and nephews. This is me with my daughter, Allison, and my niece, Candace.

In July we went to Montana to visit my husband's family. The weather was perfect (mid-80's the whole time!) for picnics, hiking, horseback riding, and lots of shopping. My kids love to spend time with the horses. This is their best friend, Fabio.

In August we worked a booth for National Night Out. In case you don't know, that's the first Tuesday in August where public safety (firemen, police, emt's, etc.) cook dinner for the community and offer tons of safety information. We worked at the drug awareness booth hosted by the Elk's Club. My son dressed up as Elroy Elk to bring people over to the booth.
Finally, August is also time to put my classroom back together. Here's to another exciting, wonderful year in 5th grade!

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the contrast from before and after will be good to see... lots of work ahead! Montana and horses... ahhhh, as well! See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Montana - you had the BEST weather there, too! Good luck with your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great trip! Good luck getting your room together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll post before and after pics next week (hopefully I'll be done be then)!

      Delete
  4. Great pictures of the fun with your family! Thanks for linking up!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be fun to see what your classroom looks like after it's put together!

    https://ladyliteracy-sixthgrade.blogspot.com/2016/08/21st-century-skills-poster-freebie.html

    ReplyDelete