Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2015

Reading, Reading, and More Reading!

Next year in 5th grade we've decided to semi-departmentalize. That means we're splitting into a group of 3 and a group of 2 to share our students. Unless something changes (which it frequently does--it's a good thing teachers are flexible!), I'll be in the group of 3, teaching science and reading. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am! I'm really going to miss teaching writing (and maybe math...just a little), but it will be great to focus on 2 subjects instead of 5. So, to prepare, of course I've spent the first half of my summer putting together a science pacing guide and making lots and lots of products for reading on my TPT store, along with reading, reading, and more reading (I've finished 5 books so far, and am almost done with my 6th).

Here are my newest reading products, enjoy! Just click on the picture for the link.
Genre Sort  Literature Theme Sort You can purchase these sorts separately, or the bundle for $1.00 off.

Fiction Book Reports These are a great follow-up for any fiction book!

Novel Study I think this one is my favorite. It's a 24 page activity packet designed to go with any novel (focusing on 5th grade CCSS, but appropriate for 4th or 6th as well). I tried a few different versions of this with my reading class last year before finalizing it. It works great with whole class, literature circles, or independent study.

Have a wonderful summer, and keep on reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment