Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Liebster Award

Thank you, heather a from "My Life at the Pencil Sharpener" and Lisa Robles at "LisaTeachR'sClassroom" for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This is an award for those new to blogging, and I'm honored to be receiving these nominations!
 

1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I      I started blogging August 2013. I had been getting so many great ideas from blogs I'd read, and I wanted to be part of that community. It was a slow start (I only posted a few times that year), but I've really picked up over this last summer.
2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why? 
Creative tips and resources. I'm all about PLC's and sharing ideas. When I find something effective or unique for my classroom I can't wait to let others in on the good news. 
 3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
I still have so much to learn, but one thing I wish I knew at the beginning was how to join in a blog hop. I love reading other teacher experts' views on a topic, and getting comments on my own perspective.
4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
 My family. I'm married with 3 kids (1 at college, and 2 at home), and I love spending time with them, whether we're working in the yard together, going out, or just sprawled across the living room with our favorite books.
5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog? 
I try to post 2-4 times a month, and spend about 3 or 4 hours a week reading and responding to other blogs.
6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I like usable tips and resources, and I love to look at other teachers' classrooms...it always gets my creative juices going.
7. Where does your blog inspiration come from? 
My students. I use their talents and their needs to create hands-on learning experiences, that I can share on my blog.
8. Of which post that you have written are you most proud?
My favorite subject to teach is writing, and I've written a couple of posts about my Writer's Workshop. This one I shared on a blog hop with Jasmine McClain is probably my favorite: http://troutenitselementary.blogspot.com/2014/07/you-oughta-know-aboutwriters-workshop.html
9.Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have been postponing it for a while now?
I want to share a little about my science lessons, since this is the first year I've really taught science. I have 2 science classes 4 days a week, and I've been having so much fun! I just need to get all my pictures organized before I post. Look for it soon!
10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I love the feedback I get from other bloggers, and from other teachers (especially my mom). 
11. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself?  
I've already tried so many! I get great ideas from blog hops that I want to implement in my own classroom. One that I started this school year was from the August "You Oughta Know" blog hop: learning scale as a formative assessment of students' understanding. My 5th graders are especially reflective and honest about where they feel they are in their learning, and I get immediate feedback for who I need to work with independently or in small groups without waiting to grade that day's assignment.

My Nominees:


To those who have been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out." (Follow their blog if you haven't already!)
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below).


No comments:

Post a Comment