Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, July 28, 2017

Back to School Nightmares

I don't know about you, but I always begin having first-day-of-school nightmares around the end of July. I had my first last night! They're always pretty much the same...I have no lesson plans, my students aren't listening, my classroom isn't prepared. My coworkers and I like to share our nightmare stories. Each is more ridiculous than the last! Share your first-day-of-school dreams in the comments below.

I'm always a little nervous about the first day of school. But the more predominant emotion is excitement! I can't wait to get back and meet my new kiddos, catch up with my colleagues, and get the ball rolling again. It's not that I don't love my summer off (who wouldn't?), but just that I really love my job!

We really have the best job in the world! We get to play with and inspire children. Of course, there are challenges...that child you just can't get through to, the uncooperative parents, the constantly changing regulations...but the benefits far outweigh the hardships.

Stores are already starting their back-to-school sales, and I thought I'd offer a treat of my own: my back-to-school mini-packet is marked down right now.
Back to School Packet

It offers these fun activities:

  • Guess Who?
  • Beginning of year and end of year letters to self
  • goal bunting
  • top-10 lists
  • flexible partner lists
  • Technology lists
I can't wait to try this one out on my own students! Enjoy the rest of your quickly passing summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment