Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Daily 5

When I read the first edition of The Daily Five by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser I loved it, and couldn't wait to get started. Then I hit a few hiccups: I didn't have enough time to get through all 5 activities each day, my listening center kept crashing, my first graders had a hard time brainstorming reasons for the anchor charts, and the "looks like, sounds like, and feels like" sections didn't make sense for them. I'd heard so much about this program from friends, and was disappointed that I couldn't get the results they were getting. Needless to say, I was a little dubious when the 2nd edition came out, and bought it merely for the chapter on the math Daily 3...but what a surprise! Every problem I faced with my initial attempts was answered in this book. All the questions I had and troubles I experienced were faced by the authors themselves. I can't wait to try it again this year (in whatever grade I end up teaching)! I already have most of the displays and handouts, but my I-PICK chart was a little worn out, so I made one to go with my school's mascot. Enjoy this freebie...and read this book!



No comments:

Post a Comment